Saturday, January 10, 2009

Vanilla Pound Cake

Made another recipe from my King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking cookbook. I must say, another winner. It was amazing. Check out that batter, delicious!

This time up was the Vanilla Pound cake. Subbed out 1/4 cup of the regular sugar with the tangerine sugar I'd made earlier. I dressed the cake up a bit with some stabilized whipped cream and fresh berries. My loaf pans are wider than standard, so the cake came out a little wider and flatter than usual, but I solved the problem by layering them atop each other with more berries and cream in the middle.

I don't know that much about baking and flour types and how they affect everything (which is part of why I'm doing all this baking), but the book said that the whole grain pastry flour was what made the texture on this so perfect. It was great, nice and dense, just like a pound cake should be. And delicious too. I'm sure the 8oz of sour cream didn't hurt anything either. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment